Tuesday 22 November 2011

An Inside Look at The Blogger

Hello to anyone willing to read my blog. I greatly appreciate any followers and supporters that I may develop from this blog. I am 24 years old and an avid hockey fan. My true passion is following the Ontario Hockey League and that is what this blog will be all about.
A year ago I had to move from my hometown of Sarnia, ON to Port aux Basques, NL for a Paramedic job. Since then I have felt more removed from my connection of the OHL. While twitter and Facebook create a good outlet to discuss hockey I have been feeling lately that a blog would be the best idea to share my opinions of the on goings of the Ontario Hockey League.

I have followed the Sarnia Sting since the 1994-1995 season when they relocated to Sarnia. They are what gave me a boost in what was an already growing passion for the sport of hockey. I was a season ticket holder with the Sarnia Sting for about 8 years before I had to move. Through those years I developed great relationships with people around the organization from fans to players and their families to people within the organization. Those relationships gave me an increased knowledge and understand to the on-goings in the Ontario Hockey League.  Since moving to Newfoundland I have purchased an OHL All Access Pack on Livestream and started to develop an even more impartial view on the OHL watching even more teams and following even more games.

This blog is going to focus on the ongoing things in the Ontario Hockey League, everything from trades to suspensions to single games to prospects and top draft picks. While the majority of the material I will blog about will be focused around the Sarnia Sting due to my close connection with the community I will also branch out and cover things about other teams as well.

I welcome suggestions and comments on my blog. I hope that every passionate hockey fan will be able to enjoy what I have to write about. My first blog will be written at some point this week.

1 comment:

  1. I will eagerly await your next post, handsome man :) Perhaps I'll learn something! xox

    ReplyDelete